Monday 21 October 2013

Skydive

I didn't feel as nervous doing a skydive than I had done doing a canyon swing. I was pretty excited about jumping out of a plane to be honest! We went along and got suited up after signing my life away. The guy I was jumping with introduced himself and we got on the tiny plane. Jen was at the front as she was jumping first at 12,000ft, then Adam was behind and then Mike and I were at the back. It was a tight squeeze in the plane, the views were really nice. Everyone was joking about my harness not being tight enough and winding me up. I was nervous, but I knew they were joking which made it pretty funny. When Jenny jumped out at 12,000ft I got a little nervous. They made us put oxygen masks on for those few seconds the door opened to let her out. After twenty minutes of sitting in the plane we prepared for the jump. We edged forwards and fell out. The views were amazing. At 15,000ft you get 60 seconds of freefall until the parachute is released. The feeling was amazing and it just felt like you were flying. Once the parachute was released we spent 5/6 minutes spinning in the sky and admiring the views across the lake towards the volcanoes in the distance we couldn't have picked a better day. It was probably the best thing I've ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment