Monday 16 September 2013

Great Barrier Reef

There are so many German travellers in Australia which I'm surprised at as I thought it would be full of British tourists. Apparently they love it here! The majority of the people in the hostel are from Germany, which is great for me as I can practise some of my German.

We went to the lagoon yesterday and lay on the grass. It's great there, it's just a great big outdoor swimming pool for everyone and anyone, looking out over the sea. It's a great idea. We watched a guy doing some yoga on the grass, who was absolutely amazing at it. I might take up yoga after watching him!

Today we went on a tour to the Great Barrier Reef with Compass Cruises. It was $159 for the day. We did an introductory dive, which I found quite scary in terms of the breathing equipment and also not being a massive fan of the sea and water, but it was really exciting going down and having a closer look at the corals and fish. That's something to tick off the bucket list! We also snorkelled, had lunch on the boat and lay in the sun on the journey back to the port. The heat makes you feel so exhausted so we'll be cooking and just going to sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment