Saturday 28 September 2013

Queenstown

We arrived in Queenstown and were exhausted from travelling and not sleeping at the airport. We explored the town and had breakfast in a nice cafe and sat by the fire. Our hostel is called Adventure Queenstown and is really central and very friendly and clean. It's quite small here and reminds me of a ski resort. We were talking to a guy from Auckland on the plane and he said the population of NZ was 4 million- the same population of Sydney. The weather keeps changing here; if it rains in the morning it's usually sunny in the afternoon.

We went out on the first night with people from the hostel. Everyone we've talked to said it was the best night out in NZ, which it definitely was! To cure the hangover we hiked two/three hours in the afternoon up 900m Queenstown Hill. The view was amazing over Lake Wakatipu from the very top.

We're about to go and get a Fergburger. Apparently there's a twenty minute queue, so I assume it'll be worth it! We've booked onto the world's highest canyon swing this afternoon at 4.30pm. I'm really nervous, but feel like I should do it while I'm here. It's a 60m drop and a 200m swing at 150km/hr. Apparently it's worse than a sky dive, I'm yet to find out!

We pick up our campervan tomorrow so I won't be getting much wifi from now on. I'll try and blog when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment